Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Listening to God and Obeying

It is sometimes a scary thing to listen for God's voice.  When I inexplicably hear it, I *know* it is His voice.  No, I don't audibly hear voices; it is in my head or my spirit, if you will.  I don't know how I know it is His; I just *do*.  This morning was such a morning, and it has taken me aback.  As I was making my breakfast smoothie to drink at work, I heard this voice say, "I know the plans I have for you.......Send this to ----."  It was as clear as a bell, as the cliché goes.  So, I did just that.  His text reply was that he had just been talking to his mother, who had told him the same verse.  He took this as a confirmation that he should rest in God's promises as the devil has been messing with his mind lately, too.

Later, I saw a post on Facebook from a young teacher at work whose grandmother died a year ago today.  As I was walking to pick up my first kids, I found myself turning onto her hallway.  I can only describe it as an out of body experience.  I had no intention of going there.  The next thing I knew, I was at her desk, past a sea of first graders.  I told her I had seen her posting and for her to focus on the good memories today.  She said that made her feel so much better.  I believe that was God's message for her, and I was merely the messenger.  I didn't plan to do this; I felt God steering me to her room; in fact, I get teary-eyed afterwards in thinking about this.  God knew exactly what she needed just as He knew exactly what my friend above needed.

Most people won't "get" this, and that's ok.  Twenty years ago I wouldn't have, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment