Sunday, May 31, 2015

Weary

Weariness is a word that most people equate with physical exhaustion.  For me, it is not physical but mental.  My life is marked by a lot of turmoil at this time; there is my mother's situation as well as some personal issues.  I am t.i.r.e.d.  Today is one of those days where I just want to bury my head in the sand and not come up.  I have little to hold on to physically, so I have to keep these verses in mind: 

       Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.    Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.  (Matthew 11:28-30)

       He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.  Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:29-31)

I must focus not on the present, but on the promises God has given me of the future.  Consequently, I remind myself this is but a momentary affliction.  It.will.not.last.

       "For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison." (2 Corinthians 4:17). 

       "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

       "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

       "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

   

No comments:

Post a Comment