Sunday, March 16, 2014

Living, Breathing Faith

Last week when I posted I said that I rarely post unless I feel the urging of the Spirit.  Today is one of those days.  In the last week God has been dealing with me about something.  Ironically, it has been the verse I referenced in the last post:

            Isaiah 41:13:

               "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and
         says to you, 'Do not fear; I will help you.'"

While I am not ready to discuss it here, the Lord has abundantly blessed me in the last few months in the area of finances.  There has been no.doubt.in.my.mind.it.came.from.Him.......none....whatsoever.  As I stated in the last post, His fingerprints are all over it.

Having said that, this is the moral He has been trying to get into my thick skull this week:  If something happens in your life that is His will, it will happen no matter what....unless you openly defy Him.  I  don't plan to do that.

While the devil has been playing with my head all week, yesterday he was particularly active; it seemed he was going to ruin this blessing God has bestowed upon me.  There seemed to be no way around it.  Then last night, a possible solution was offered.  As of this moment, it has worked; the evil one has been thwarted yet again.

I leave you with this cornerstone verse (for me) again:

          "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,
       'Do not fear; I will help you.'"


To have true faith, we can not walk by sight but trust Him.  Even though He is the one who gave me that verse, I didn't fully trust Him.

Perhaps I should have that verse tattooed since having it at my computer desk has not cemented into my  brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment