Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hanging on His Word

Recently an acquaintance asked me when I was going to blog again.  I replied that I didn't know.  It is not like I have a lot to say.  I write when I feel prompted by the Spirit, which is not often.  '

The last time I updated this blog was January 1...over two months ago.  Much has happened since then; some of it has been great; some of it, bad.  The Lord has taught me much, though.  No matter the circumstances,  this is my verse that I am living by, clinging to: 

Isaiah 41:13: 
       "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,
              'Do not fear; I will help you.'"


The good things that have happened in the last few months, the blessings, have His fingerprints all over them. With them have come challenges, but He has led me through them and taught me lessons along the way.  I keep that verse at my desk and read it daily. 


I am learning (albeit slowly) that my circumstances are not to define my attitude.  For most of my life, my circumstances have done just that. I wish I could say that I have been generally happy with my lot in life, but that would be a lie.  Even so, God is teaching me through them.  In the last two months He has taught me much about relying on Him, often minute by minute.  Many days the oppression has been stifling, suffocating.  If not for Him, I would not have been able to endure it.  I stumbled across this book, Jesus Calling:  Enjoying Peace in His Presence.  It has been a great encouragement to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment